Unedited thoughts from a full mind - Insecurities
At this moment in my life things are going pretty darn well. I'm (somewhat most of the time) enjoying and being challenged at my new job, expanding my mind through study, being creative through writing and my blog and I'm in LOVE. So you could say things are pretty rosey.
But whilst things are really coming up Katie, those little insecurities in the back of my mind seem to be growning. So I've been thinking perhaps if I share them, it will free me from negative thoughts. I would much rather have my mind full of the wonderful things rather than these silly insecurities.
This is terrifying experiment but here goes.
1. I'm 25 and still have the skin of a 13 year old. When is my perfect skin coming?!
2. Long story short, had a few to many drinks one night and face planted into the curb. End result, a chipped tooth and more crooked teeth.
3. Had a a few lumps removed from my shoulders which have resulted in raised scars. A previous insecurity made bigger.
4. Three inch scar running down my knee from surgery a few years ago.
5. I'd rather buy my clothes at an op shop, feel more comfortable not wearing make up and rather be outside than anywhere else. What kind of girl does this make me?!
I'll tell you what. All of these things make me, ME. My imperfections and flaws are what make me interesting. And when it all comes down to it, I'd much rather be interesting than perfect. My imperfections show who I am in some ways. I can be clumsy and somewhat accident prone, lets call it cute quirk #1. I'd perfer you to see me, imperfections and all then spend time and energy covering up those imperfections. Even when you cover them, they are still there. I'd much rather embrace them.
I could go into a huge rant about the media, sexualisation and inequality of woman (thats a whole other blog). But you've got to make a choice. You've got to look in that mirror everyday and go "shit I'm awesome, I have a story to tell and something interesting to say. Watch out world". Some days you wont believe it, but those are the days you need it the most.
Ladies (and men) free yourselves from those often mind numbing and consuming insecurities.
Embrace your authentic self. It looks great on you.